Medical Specialist Centre (J.B.) Sdn. Bhd referred to as Maria Hospital would like to inform you that we respect and are committed to protect your personal information and your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out to explain how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). By using this website and/or providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be amended at any time to ensure that this Privacy Notice is consistent with any changes in relation to legal or regulatory requirements.
1. Personal information
Personal information refers to any information which relates to you or any other information relating to individuals which you have provided us for the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
Your personal information may include your name, NRIC number or other identification number, telephone number, email address, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) or security recording), images (including photographs), biometric information and location tracking/GPS information.
2. Source of personal information
Maria Hospital collects your personal information directly from you (patient/independent consultants/vendor/supplier/service provider) or indirectly from your legal representatives (family members or next of kin) recruitment agencies and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, recruitment agencies and/or employers send us the completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
3. Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Failure to provide the required information will result in failure to provide you with the relevant services or continue our dealings with you. You are responsible to provide correct and complete information to us and any other person whose personal information you provide us and to update this personal information from time to time when required.
4. Purposes of the collection, usage and disclosure of your personal information
We may collect, use and disclose personal information where required or permitted by law for any purpose. We will retain personal information for a reasonable period in accordance with our legal and business purposes.
Your personal information may be collected, used and processed for the following purposes:
• providing inpatient and outpatient medical treatment and services, healthcare and allied healthcare services;
• management and coordination of healthcare services including follow-ups and other continuity of care issues;
• processing appointments, bookings, admissions, transfers and discharge;
• processing and collecting payment for products, treatment and services;
• creation, storage, backup (whether for disaster recovery or other purposes) of medical records and financial and other business records;
• verifying identity and conducting screenings, due diligence checks and credit checks;
• responding to queries or feedback and handling complaints, claims or disputes;
• complying with internal policies and procedures;
• enforcing obligations owed to us;
• complying with our legal obligations, regulations, codes of practice and any applicable guidelines;
• financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, risk management, audit and record keeping purposes;
• requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market or business research, planning, statistical analysis
and internal policy development;
• reviewing, developing and improving the quality of our products and services;
• monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance
• recording videos or taking photographs which may be used in our publications, websites or other communication channels,
as well as in third party media or display them around our premises;
• managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and
conducting security clearances); and
• any other purposes relating to or arising out of the above.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Your personal data provided to us may be processed by entities (within and outside of Malaysia) within Maria Hospital,
as well as from other third parties, where relevant; as following:
• Maria Hospital and companies as well as external service partners (as defined in the Companies Act 1965)
• The Ministry of Health or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having authority or jurisdiction established by the
MOH and other relevant government departments or agencies;
• Healthcare institutions or private third-party health care institutions of government;
• Other private healthcare institutions of government healthcare institutions;
• Related accreditation bodies such as Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH);
• Our independent consultants and specialists within Maria Hospital;
• Your insurers company, a third party administrator who was appointed and / or any care organization designated by
the insurer or employer;
• In the case of pre-employment health examination, to the patient’s employer / prospective employer;
• Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretaries,
printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors, sponsors conferences / events and other advisors);
• The respective embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in Maria Hospital
6. Third-party websites and cookies
The content on this website may include links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content on such linked third party websites and users should observe the separate privacy policies applicable to the respective third parties websites.
Certain cookies contain personal data – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
7. Access to and correction of personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information (subject to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour
to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
For each data access request, prescribed fees may be levied and we may reject such requests should the request fall under any exceptions in the PDPA or any other applicable law.
8. Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries or concerns
If you wish to limit our use of your personal information, or you have any enquiries or concerns regarding your personal information
or any aspect of this policy, please contact
Copyright © 2021 Maria Hospital. All Rights Reserved.